April 11, 2013

Rogue Cells


Today is my post surgery follow up. This is the appointment where I find out how my life will be changing since I STILL have cancer.

Dr. N. explains how the cancer cells can start moving through the colon wall and easily pop out though the bloodstream, which is how they get into the lymph nodes. Cancer cells are rogue, they don’t follow the laws and logic normal cells follow. Cancer cells like to multiple quickly with not rules, rhyme or reason as to why.


Cancer cells as depicted by Marisa Acocella Marchetto in her book Cancer Vixen. 


My next step is to meet with an oncologist and discuss my stage and cancer treatment. Dr. N. recommends the oncologist who treated his wife. I think to myself, dang even these doctors and their families can’t escape fucking cancer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment