September 9, 2013

Expect the Unexpected


I went in for my chemo treatment today and was told my white blood counts were too low to get chemo. Something about affecting my bone marrow and other bad stuff I half heard. I was sent home and told to be extra cautious about getting around other people, especially those who are sick. Aside from an occasional walk in the park, I guess I'm a prisoner in my own home until next Monday. 


This week's motto, expect the unexpected. I really never expected to be sent home. Aside from being extraordinarily tired, I feel pretty good considering all my body had gone through. Yet here I sit at home watching the clock tick. Since I'm one who believes, everything happens for a reason, there has to be a good reason the universe wants me to sit this one out. So I'll suck up my tears of disappointment and listen.

1 comment: